Pool Builder Statistics
Pool Builder Statistics 2022-2021
- Arizona swimming pool construction is expected to increase faster than other construction in 2022-2023
- Cleveland, Ohio has the most public pools per 100,000 residents in the U.S.
- More than 85% of Arizona pool builders are men.
- In-ground swimming pools cost three and one-half times more than above-ground pools.
- Almost 40% of in-ground pools in the U.S. have a diving board.
- The swimming pool build and construction market is expected to reach $7,392.6 million in 2027.
- In 2019-2020, the number of in-ground pools built rose 21%
- Swimming is the second most popular physical activity in the United States.
The pool building industry is going strong in 2022 despite the economy. As more people decide to stay home during the pandemic, they look to make their home a place to enjoy themselves and relax. Activity in the construction and maintenance of outdoor above-ground and in-ground pools and indoor pools has increased dramatically. This is a good thing, as physical activity is always beneficial.
Pool Builder Facts 2022-2021
- The swimming pool market share in the new construction industry is increasing. The market share of the swimming pool construction industry is expected to increase 0.2% this year. As more people work from home, they want their environment to provide them with relaxation and recreation. Pools also increase a home’s value if they are in-ground.
Building a Swimming Pool USA
- Outside of Florida and Arizona…Landlocked Pittsburgh, PA has the most public pools per 100,000 residents in the U.S. That beats out our cites in Arizona like Chandler and Gilbert AZ. There are 6.2 public swimming pools for every 100,000 Pittsburgh residents. This just verifies that people like swimming, even if they don’t live near a body of water. Even people who can’t swim like to cool off in water. People now expect every health club and recreation facility to have a pool and these places are complying.
- Men are predominantly pool builders. More than 85% of the people who build pools are men. Just like appliance mechanics and other home repair persons, it is a male dominated industry. This is unusual, considering a high school diploma is the only requirement in most cases. However. most women don’t even consider it a career path. Considering how fast the pool construction industry is growing, it is a good opportunity for women to learn a skill that pays well.
- In-ground swimming pools cost 3.5 times more than above-ground pools. Expensive homes tend to have in-ground pools as there is more control over the shape and depth of the pool. Above-ground pools are not as attractive, nor do they allow for the beautiful landscaping around them that in-ground pools do. Nor do they last as long, making an above-ground pool an eyesore instead of a landscaping feature. Homes with in-ground pools are also easier to sell and command a higher price than homes with an above-ground pool. It’s no surprise that most mansions have in-ground pools and none have above-ground pools.
- People like to dive in their pools. Up to 38% of the in-ground pools in the U.S. pools have a diving board. You need a minimum of eight feet of water to dive safely. Few people have an in-ground pool with this depth, but those that do often have a diving board. Most homeowners have an in-ground pool built with a shallow end and a deep end if they want a diving board. This requires pool builders to build a bigger pool with a gradual slope. Other homeowners choose to have pool constructors install a slide instead of a diving board as a slide only requires six feet of water. Both slides and diving boards add to the fun of owning a pool.
Swimming Pool Market
- The swimming pool market is expected to increase from $6,773.2 million in 2019 to $7,392.6 million in 2027. This includes renovating older pools at homes as well as public and private locations. This is in spite of the pandemic that reduced tourism throughout the world. People expect hotels and other accommodations to have a pool to relax in and enjoy. As for homeowners who are restricting their travel, they want the same luxuries they would find at a resort, like a pool, to exist at home. Across the world, in-ground pools make up the majority of the pool construction market share.
Swimming Pool Statistics
- The Covid-19 pandemic helped the pool construction industry by forcing homeowners to make their outdoor space more enjoyable. Many choose having an in-ground pool built, and construction rose by 21% from 2019. Additionally, many families had to forgo their vacations to hotels and resorts and hotels with pools, so they built their own. A pool can keep kids occupied throughout the summer, so they are less disappointed about missing a vacation. Additionally, people who have switched to working at home want something to do to get away from their computer. Swimming is the perfect way to unwind after a meeting or a stressful day.
- When asked about their favorite sports activity. people across the globe chose walking, followed by swimming. Close to 64 million people in the U.S. enjoy swimming, making having a pool very desirable. No matter where a person lives, walking is always possible. Swimming, however, isn’t as easy. People who don’t have a pool or a nearby lake or river have to visit a public pool. Public pools can get very crowded and sometimes, swimming isn’t possible because of the sheer number of people in the pool. Having a private pool makes the exercise much more enjoyable.