Important Tips Before Building Your Pool In Arizona
A pool is a valuable and exciting addition to any home investment. There are a lot of factors that go into a pool investment project: proper planning and execution, choosing the right design, type, and size of your dream pool, and hiring the right pool builder for you. Building and installing pools require time, energy, yard space, and money. Here are crucial planning tips to consider before building your pool.
It is important to consider how much it will cost to build the pool you want. Setting a realistic upfront budget will help you keep from overspending on the project. As you build your budget, there are many considerations to consider, including the design, size, and type of pool. If you are looking for a rough estimate, check in with your local pool builders to get a quote.
If you love intricate pool designs with elaborate pieces like fountains, patios, and pool decking, an in-ground pool will most likely be what you’re looking for. In-ground pools are beautiful, but they are also quite expensive to construct and design. The minimum cost of building an in-ground pool is around $20,000, and more intricate pool designs can be $50,000 to $100,000.
Pool costs don’t end after the construction and installation are over. Ongoing maintenance costs are necessary to keep your pool functional and clean. It is wise to consider the maintenance cost before building a pool to ensure it doesn’t come as a surprise.
- Pool chemicals are needed to maintain the water quality in your pool. The average cost for pool chemicals ranges from $50 to $100, depending on several factors. Of course, the pool size, your area’s climate, and the frequency of your use will contribute to how many and what kind of chemicals you will have to buy.
- Equipment in your pool, specifically the filtration and pumping systems, has to be periodically serviced or replaced. It is helpful to research different brands to ensure you choose quality equipment.
- Each season presents different challenges for a pool owner. Depending on where they live, some pool owners hire pool services to drain or cover their pools during the winter. Costs vary depending on what type of service you need.
- A pool’s interior finish is one of pool owners’ most significant maintenance expenses. Different interior finishes only last several years before they need to be redone. Vinyl liners can last for 6-10 years, while plaster-finished pools can last over 10-15 years.
- Utility bills also increase with a new pool since the pumps run continuously. Additionally, keeping a heated pool during cold seasons will be costly.
Yard Condition and Pool Size Considerations
Check your yard dimensions and calculate the yard slope, soil type, and accessibility for construction equipment. A good pool design and landscape plan should be conducive to your yard conditions. However, note that special constructions and installations due to rocky soil, sloping lots, and limited accessibility can add to the cost of construction. Your pool builder will need to be up-to-date on building restrictions and zoning permits.
Pool constructions can take months to complete. The timeline for your pool build project will also depend on the pool’s design, type, size, and weather conditions in your area. Even if your contractor follows a strict timeline, weather conditions can impede the building project.
Enjoy swimming in your pool safely by providing the proper safety measures for children, pets, and other family members. Life jackets, pool floats, safety covers, and gates or fences are crucial to keep everyone safe.
Pools add a substantial amount of value to any property. It is helpful to learn about the added premiums before purchasing or building your pool. Contact your insurance provider to check if your homeowner’s insurance covers your new swimming pool.
Hiring a Reliable Pool Builder
Building the pool of your dreams starts with acquiring the service of exceptional pool builders. Fair & Square Pool Builders offers the best pool construction services in Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Queen Creek, and San Tan Valley, AZ. Our honest quotes provide a simple and cost-effective estimate for any of your pool projects. We also partner our customers with one project manager to oversee the entire pool project from design to execution. By partnering with just one project manager, you will save money and ensure fast communication with honest and friendly updates for your pool project.
If you are anywhere in Arizona and looking for a pool builder, Fair & Square Pool Builders is just a call away. Contact us at (602) 245-4006 to schedule an appointment anytime.